Thursday, January 17, 2008

Get Over It!!

I know that we have all been through tough times! Life is not easy. I think there will always be a constant struggle for happiness. It is a constant fight to live freely and to be able to hold on to your dreams. With all that said, why do some people ALWAYS seem to have a hard time???

I have a friend of mine who has basically been a wreck since the day I met her. I remember when I met her I thought she was a really cool person and I could relate a little bit to her struggle. I met her right after my divorce and I found out that we both had ex-husbands named Aaron and we both pretty much divorced for the same reason. I was happy when I got divorced. Sure, it was tough at times but I was really really happy that I made that choice. This friend of mine didn’t feel the same way. She was a victim from the start but I understood that we all deal with things differently.

When I met her she was getting evicted from her place, got fired from her job, never had any money, and proclaimed that she “hated her life”. I thought it was just a rough patch. Then a year or so later she is dating this guy. He only wants to be her boyfriend in “private” and then ends up cheating on her. She freaks out and breaks into his house and trashes the place. She gets arrested and ends up some breaking and entering charge. After that she moved on from him and seemed to get her life back on track. Then she gets a DUI and no one will bail her out even her parents so she hates the world again. She said she had to plea just to get out of jail and now she can’t drive for 2 years or some crazy shit. She gets fired again from her other job and blah blah blah. It gets worse and honestly I’m tired of even writing about it at this point.

My whole point is why do some people seem to have the ability to overcome yet others would rather suffocate in their own crap!! My life has not been perfect. I have had my struggles. I feel like I’ve seen some very dark days but damn this is my life and I want to enjoy it. I want to look at the bright side because other wise I should just shrivel up and die!!

So last night amongst this “friends” latest drama, she sends me a text message saying “my life sucks”. I didn’t respond. I get another one saying, “I want to die”. I didn’t respond. Then I get another one saying, “I hate my life” and finally I responded with I don’t blame you. I hate your life too”…

3 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

Wow...

I think it is because if you wallow you know how you feel you know what the problem is. If you get over it you have the fear of the unknown.

Life is comfortable to the bottom as there is no where left to fall...

*Ren* said...

I hear what you are saying. I personally hate life at the bottom. I don't like to miserable and unhappy and blaming others just isn't my deal.

Do you think I'm a bad friend with my response?

Anonymous said...

I think your response was perfect. She really needs to get over it and figure out how she can FIX the problem instead of complaining about it all the time. It bothers me to no end when people complain about everything and never shake and move.