Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just say NO to the King and I Thai!


I found the perfect place for you if you are looking for a combination of bad food and horrible service. I was so excited to go to the King and I for the first time because I heard such great things. I figured free valet parking in the freezing cold and all the talk about it would make it a great dining experience, right???

I was very wrong. We ordered the calamari and the cream cheese rolls. The calamari was just ok and I will say that the cream cheese rolls were good. I still would have preferred them to be a little crunchier like the texture of cream cheese puffs.

For dinner we decided to share the cabbage wraps (listed as a salad item on the menu) and the Shrimp Pad Thai. The shrimp was really good and the pad Thai was again just ok! I had high hopes for the cabbage wraps but I was disappointed. I realized something was wrong at the first bite.

The meat tasted like it had gone bad! I didn't say anything and stopped eating them and then my friend said the same thing I was thinking. We told our server and she took the cabbage wraps away and asked us if we wanted something else. We decided to just get another appetizer, the oyster mushrooms. They mushrooms came out and by this point, my stomach was seriously upset from the cabbage wrap meat. I didn't want any of the mushrooms. My friend took a bite and chipped her tooth on something she said was hard like a rock. We told the server again and she was irritated and really bitchy by this point.

I'm not a rude person to any servers. I rarely have food that needs to be taken back so when she started giving us an attitude I was annoyed. She said she would take the wraps and the mushrooms off our bill but I thought that was unacceptable!! I've never been to a place that had both bad food and even worse service. I went to Tum Rup Thai once and they accidentally made my soup too spicy and my mouth was on fire and they comp my entire bill!! I continued to go back because of it!!

Then we asked for the manager and this 70's looking unprofessional and unkempt man came out. He did not apologize and told us there was nothing wrong with his food. I told him we thought the meat was bad and there were rocks in our mushrooms and he didn't care. He obviously didn't care about keeping us as customers or what we might have to tell our friends! The server came back and I asked whom the owner was and she told us it was the man who came out. We were totally shocked!!

The King and I equal bad food and horrible service. It's worth not having valet parking to go to Khin Do or Tum Rup Thai!! I'd walk a few blocks in this freezing weather to avoid ever going back to the King and I!!!

On a side note, my friend and I were both vomiting within 20 minutes of leaving.

2 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

I agree I have never had bad service there but the food is terrible espcially when there are much better options availible...

Anonymous said...

omg, is that the actual picture? that looks effing disgusting.